All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionThis book goes far beyond the usual bodybuilding autobiography. Illustrated with hundreds of never before published pictures, this book will be a favorite reader for bodybuilders old and new throughout the world. Pearl's writing is engaging, humorous and honest without embellishment. Not one for holding back, Bill's frank and sometimes raw comments are extremely moving and his revelations of what goes on behind the scenes of championship bodybuilding will t only surprise but also amuse readers of this splendid narrative. His down to earth candid comments on some of the stars of bodybuilding are both interesting and informative and most definitely capture the true personalities of people such as Eugen Sandow, John Grimek, Harold Zinkin, Leo Stern, Clancy Ross, Reg Park, Sergio Oliva, Arld Schwarzenegger, Lou Ferrig, Lee Haney and Sri Chinmoy. Bill's account of his brief stint in the movies and his relationship with the one and only Arthur Jones, helps make this book delightfully different. His adventures in many parts of the world make very interesting reading. From being a guest of Mr. J. Paul Getty (at the time the world's richest man) at his mansion in Surrey, England, to giving exhibitions throughout India, Bill has tasted life from (and between) both extremes; some of his comments may startle the reader. In an age where the word Superstar is tossed around lightly, in the world of bodybuilding there are just a handful of people who deserve this title---Bill Pearl is most definitely one of them. He reveals many of the secrets used in his vast career of weight training which enabled him to win the Mr. Universe title four times and reign as King of the Bodybuilders for nineteen years. This autobiographical sketch of the real Bill Pearl will give you an insight into the man who has trained more top physique stars than anyone in the sport. His students have won a total of ten Mr. America crowns, fourteen Mr. Universe titles and one Mr. Olympia victory. Bob Kennedy, publisher of Musclemag International recently stated, Bills autobiography is a delightful mish-mash of photos and text. But, I read your book from cover to cover. I just couldn't stop. I loved it! The good thing about the book is that it is written from the heart, truthful, and fearless. I recommend it highly to anyone who has ever touch a barbell or dumbbell.
- Author BiographyBill Pearl is a four-time Mr. Universe and author of the best-selling bodybuilding books, Legends of The Iron Game, Keys to the Inner Universe, Getting Stronger, and Getting in Shape. He has personally coached more major contest winners than anyone else in history. At his own peak as a bodybuilder when he last won the Universe in 1971 at age 41, he weighed 242 pounds at a height of 5'10 and his arms measured 21 inches!
- Author(s)Bill Pearl
- PublisherBill Pearl
- Date of Publication05/07/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Sport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBill Pearl
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight694 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.