Beyond the Wall: Exploring George R. R. Martin's a Song of Ice and Fire, from a Game of Thrones to a Dance with Dragons by BenBella Books (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $16.48Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $6.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by booklegend66
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere were a number of books about A Game of Thrones (the HBO series) and A Song of Ice and Fire (the books) published last year ...the one that impressed me most was James Lowder's Beyond the Wall. -George R.R. Martin Foreword by New York Times bestselling author R.A. Salvatore Go beyond the Wall and across the narrow sea with this collection about George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire, from A Game of Thrones to A Dance with Dragons. The epic game of thrones chronicled in George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series has captured the imaginations of millions of readers. In Beyond the Wall, bestselling authors and acclaimed critics offer up thought-provoking essays and compelling insights: Daniel Abraham reveals the unique challenges of adapting the original books into graphic vels. Westeros.org founders Linda Antonsson and Elio M. Garcia, Jr., explore the series' complex heroes and villains, and their roots in the Romantic movement. Wild Cards contributor Caroline Spector delves into the books' controversial depictions of power and gender. Plus much more, from military science fiction writer Myke Cole on the way Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder shapes many of the leading characters to author and television writer Ned Vizzini on the biases against genre fiction that color critical reactions to the series. Contributors: R.A. Salvatore (foreword) Daniel Abraham Linda Antonsson Myke Cole Elio M. Garcia, Jr. Brent Hartinger John Jos. Miller Alyssa Rosenberg Jesse Scoble Caroline Spector Matt Staggs Susan Vaught Ned Vizzini Gary Westfahl Adam Whitehead Andrew Zimmerman Jones
- Author BiographyJames Lowder has worked extensively on both sides of the editorial blotter. His bestselling, widely translated dark fantasy novels include Knight of the Black Rose and Prince of Lies, and his short fiction has appeared in such anthologies as Shadows Over Baker Street and The Repentant. As an editor he's helmed over a dozen anthologies, including Curse of the Full Moon and the recent Smart Pop collection Triumph of the Walking Dead, and has directed book lines or series with subjects ranging from Arthurian Britain to zombies. His nonfiction writing on film and comics has seen print in Amazing Stories, Sci-Fi Universe, and the Smart Pop collections King Kong Is Back! and The Unauthorized X-Men.
- PublisherBenBella Books
- Date of Publication12/07/2012
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationDallas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSmart Pop
- Content Notefigures
- Weight271 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byJames Lowder
- Foreword byR. A. Salvatore,Daniel Abraham,Linda Antonsson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.