All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $99.95
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.15
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.63Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
About this product
- DescriptionProblems of fatigue under multiaxial fatigue loads have been addressed in a very large number of research publications. The present publication is primarily a survey of biaxial fatigue under constant amplitude loading on metal specimens. It starts with the physical understanding of the fatigue phemen under biaxial fatigue loads. Various types of proportional and n-proportional biaxial fatigue loads and biaxial stress distributions in a material are specified. Attention is paid to the fatigue limit, crack nucleation, initial micro crack growth and subsequent macro-crack in different modes of crack growth. The interference between the upper and lower surfaces of a fatigue crack is discussed. Possibilities for predictions of biaxial fatigue properties are analysed with reference to the similarity concept. The significance of the present understanding for structural design problems is considered. The book is completed with a summary of major observations.
- Author BiographyJaap Schijve has been working for 20 years in the Structures and Materials Laboratory of the National Aerospace Laboratory NLR, Amsterdam, the Netherlands, and in the Structures and materials Laboratory of the Faculty of Aerospace Engineering of Delft University of Technology. His experience covers a large variety of fatigue projects varying from fundamental investigations to practical problems such as scale structures and accidents investigations. He is well-known for a large number of publications. His book Fatigue of Structures and Materials is a bestselling textbook and won a Texty Award.
- Author(s)Jaap Schijve
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication26/08/2015
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Applied Sciences and Technology
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note23 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight62 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine2 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.