All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBibilla Ktted Lace Flowersbrings to a modern audience a form of lace that is believed to have originated in antiquity and that has been practised in many countries of the eastern Mediterranean. References to it were made in the works of Homer and Plato. Ktted lace has all but died out in most places, but it is still made in modern-day Turkey and used to adorn headscarves and other items of clothing. Elena Dickson's interest in Bibilla flowers began many years ago. This book was inspired by her desire to create new designs in ktted lace, and is the result of countless hours of experimentation.
- Author BiographyElena Dickson's interest in handwork began at the age of eight, and her mother, a skilled needlewoman, fostered her talent. When Elena married, her late husband's Greek mother introduced her to the art of making knotted lace, or dandella. In 1987 she began to teach this ancient skill to members of the South Australian Lace Guild. She has since taught classes and workshops throughout Australia as well as in the United States.
- Author(s)Elena Dickson
- PublisherSally Milner Publishing Pty Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationBinda
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintSally Milner Publishing Pty Ltd
- Content Note100 colour
- Weight499 g
- Width185 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.