All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionBible Oddities gives readers a plethora of unusual gems about persons, places, and events-all of which are found between the covers of the world's greatest best seller. And it does it in quiz form. It is a rich compilation of out-of-the-ordinary facts gleaned from the pages of this inspired work. For example, do you kw the apostles were once accused of being drunk? Look in Acts 2:13. It happened at Pentecost! Others mocking said, these men are full of new wine. Do you kw about the man who diligently worked for seven long years in order to earn a wife? Look in Genesis 29:20. It was Jacob. And Jacob served seven years for Rachel and they seemed to him but a few days... Bible Oddities will expand your kwledge of the Bible. Yet it is a fun book, as well as an educational volume. It asks questions about unusual and out of the ordinary scriptural subjects, and gives answers to them from the Bible. And for each question and answer the appropriate book, chapter and verse of Bible is provided. Thus, you can reader further in the Bible and learn even more about the person, place, thing or event associated with any question and answer in Bible Oddities.
- Author BiographyRichard Bauman has been writing magazine articles about history, travel, health issues, spirituality and self help topics for more than 35 years. His articles have appeared in such magazines as American Way, Rotarian, Elks Sacred Journal, Catholic Yearbook, Lutheran Digest, Family Motor Coaching, Highways, Catholic Digest, Decision, Signs of the Times, Mature Years, Mature Living, Women's World, Automobile, and many more. He is also the author of three other books: Awe-Full Moments: Spirituality in the Commonplace; It Made a Difference to that One, and Holy Humor. For more than 15 years he was the author of the popular day-to-day calendar, Legal Lunacies. Richard has contributed articles or chapters to several other books including: Chicken Soup for the Christian Family Soul; Cup of Comfort; God Allows U-Turns; Where We Live; The Writer's Research Handbook, Whispers from Heaven and Prepare Our Hearts, and most recently, Voices in Today's Magazines. Richard and his wife, Donna, have been married for 49-years. They have two adult children, Chris and Stephanie, and four grandsons: Noah, Luke, Patrick and Mason.
- Author(s)Richard J Bauman,Robert W Pelton
- Date of Publication11/09/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight218 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.