Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionContains lessons for teaching English as a Second Language (ESL) to internationals using verses from the NIV Bible. The lessons are designed to teach pronunciation with an emphasis on linking, sound units and the rhythm of American English. Teachers will appreciate the many teaching techniques presented; and students as well as teachers will appreciate the content.
- Author BiographyGlenda Reece has been a teacher, a trainer, an author, and a content creator for ESL and Cross Culture programs from Alaska to Florida; and has trained foreign speaking ESL teachers in China and South America.Her work has ranged from the North Carolina Governor's committee for refugee resettlement to high school ESL teacher to business owner to Literacy volunteer. She has taught or led seminars for the Immigration and Refugee Center, the National Association of Foreign Student Advisors (NAFSA), Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), Southeastern Seminary, North Carolina State University, the University of North Carolina, Duke University, Wake County School System, and at Literacy Conferences for Baptist State Conventions in numerous states. Glenda is the owner of ESL Training Service, which provides English and Cross Cultural training to international business professionals in the Raleigh, NC, area. She was an early president of the North Carolina and South Carolina chapter of TESOL. She has been recognized as the North Carolina Literacy Volunteer of the Year by the Baptist State Convention of North Carolina, and as the National Literacy Volunteer of the Year by the North American Mission Board of the Southern Baptist Convention. She is the author of Twelve Topics For ESL Beginners, Bible Verse Chants, and English Lessons from the Bible: The Book of Mark (volumes one and two). She also authored ESL training videos including Teaching with Objects and Pictures, Conversational English Using the Lipson Method, The Oral Interview Procedure, Cross-Culture & Re-entry, and Pronunciation.
- Author(s)Glenda Reece
- PublisherESL Training Services
- Date of Publication13/06/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintESL Training Services
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight313 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.