Bibliography of the Muskhogean Languages (Classic Reprint) by James Constantine Pilling (Paperback / softback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.94Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $34.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from Bibliography of the Muskhogean Languages A number of years ago the writer undertook the compilation of a bibliography of North American languages. In the course of his work' be visited the principal public and private libraries of the United States, Canada, and rthern Mexico, carried on an extensive corre Spondence with librarians, missionaries, and others interested in the subject, and examined such printed authorities as were at hand. The results of these researches were embodied in a single volume, of which a limited number of copies were printed and distributed - an author's catalogue, including all the material then in hand. Since its issue he has had an Opportunity to visit the national libraries of England and France, as well as a number of private ones in both these countries, and to revisit a considerable number in this country and Canada. A sufficient amount of new material has thus been collected to lead to the belief that a series of catalogues may well be prepared, each referring to one of the more prominent groups of our native languages. Of this series three have been published, relating respectively to the Eski mauan, the Siouan, and the Iroquoian families. The present is the fourth, and the fifth, w in preparation, will relate to the Algonquian. The family names employed in these catalogues are taken from the linguistic map in course of construction by the Bureau of Ethlogy. Their adoption for that work is based upon the law of priority. In the compilation of this catalogue the aim has been to include everything, printed or in manuscript, relating to the subject books, pamphlets, articles in magazines, tracts, serials, etc., and such reviews and anuncements of publications as seemed worthy of tice. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)James Constantine Pilling
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication02/07/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Note, black & white illustrations
- Weight183 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other
- AU $24.31New
- AU $49.49New
Save on Other
- AU $121.00Trending at AU $127.24
- AU $19.02Trending at AU $21.52
- AU $35.59Trending at AU $68.30
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $51.26
- AU $18.18Trending at AU $21.94
- AU $37.01Trending at AU $41.25
- AU $26.07Trending at AU $28.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.