All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book covers aspects of the Victorian to post First World War period revealing how society changed during the First World War, when rationing put a strain on every kitchen in the country. Many of Dorothy's recipes are featured in their original form, such as the long forgotten Devilled Bananas, and wartime Potato Gateau. Other recipes include Chicken en Casserole, Cheese Pufflets, and delicious tea-time treats such as Feather Tart and Candied Pears. Vicky Straker has tried and tested recipes from Dorothy's cookery books, and where appropriate amended them to suit modern tastes.
- Author BiographyVicky Straker has a varied background, reading law at university, working for the European Children's Trust, and teaching refugees to speak English. In 2004 she took a diploma at Leiths School of Food and Wine. Vicky then made handmade chocolates and gave cookery demonstrations before discovering that her great-great grandmother was Dorothy Peel OBE, which inspired her to start working on this book. Vicky lives in Dorset with her husband and two children.
- Author(s)Vicky Straker
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication08/06/2016
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationBarnsley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Content Note100-150 Illustrations
- Weight975 g
- Width172 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.