All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe story of the most influential art exhibitions from 1960, Biennials and Beyond assembles a wealth of rare and never before published documentation, from installation photographs and reviews to floor plans, catalogue excerpts and other primary ephemera, looking at the history of contemporary art through the lens of 25 significant exhibitions. With an introductory essay and concise overviews of each exhibition by art historian Bruce Altshuler, Biennials and Beyond is a unique sourcebook that offers direct access to the most influential exhibitions of the last 50 years. It is the companion volume to Phaidon's 2008 Salon to Biennial - Exhibitions that Made Art History: 1863-1959, winner of the Bannister Fletcher Award for best new book on art or architecture.
- Author BiographyBruce Altshuler is Director of the Program in Museum Studies, Graduate School of Arts and Science, New York University. Altshuler is the author of The Avant-Garde in Exhibition: New Art in the 20th Century and Isamu Noguchi; editor of Collecting the New: Museums and Contemporary Art and co-editor of Isamu Noguchi: Essays and Conversations. He has published numerous essays on modern and contemporary art and holds a PhD in Philosophy from Harvard University.
- Author(s)Bruce Altshuler
- PublisherPhaidon Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2013
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhaidon Press Ltd
- Content Note325 col 225 b&w
- Weight2654 g
- Width250 mm
- Height290 mm
- Spine44 mm
- Translated byLynne Richards,Jennifer Westwell,Dominik Salter Dvorak
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.