All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSee what it takes to track trophy-sized bucks like the legends do. If there is such a thing as hunting royalty, then the Beit family is it. They have been raking in trophy-sized bucks since Larry Beit first began to pioneer his unique tracking methods. As the family grew, so did the Beit hunting repertoire, expanding beyond simple sw tracking to all-season tracking. Author Bryce M. Towsley had a unique opportunity in the late nineties: to deer hunt with the Beits for an extended period in the deep woods of Maine. He spent time with the Beit family observing and learning their hunting tactics, techniques, and long-protected secrets. The product of Towsley's inclusion in the Beit family tradition is Big Bucks the Beit Way. Fully illustrated with Towsley's beautiful, full-color photography and written with his trademark prose and with a new introduction by the author, it tracks his experience following in the footsteps of the great Beit hunters, learning their craft and sharing it with you. Big Bucks the Beit Way is more than an exploration of the fine art of tracking bucks; it's a glimpse at the heart and beauty of American big-game hunting. Skyhorse Publishing is proud to publish a broad range of books for hunters and firearms enthusiasts. We publish books about shotguns, rifles, handguns, target shooting, gun collecting, self-defense, archery, ammunition, knives, gunsmithing, gun repair, and wilderness survival. We publish books on deer hunting, big game hunting, small game hunting, wing shooting, turkey hunting, deer stands, duck blinds, bow hunting, wing shooting, hunting dogs, and more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to publishing books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked by other publishers and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyBryce M. Towsley is an award-winning writer and photographer whose work covers a range of subjects, but none more than the fields of hunting and firearms. He published his first article in 1980 and in the time since he has authored several books and published thousands of articles and photos in most of the major outdoor and gun magazines. Towsley worked on American Rifleman Television for several years and is a field editor for the NRA's American Rifleman, American Hunter, and Shooting Illustrated magazines He lives in North Clarendon, Vermont, with his wife, Robin.
- Author(s)Bryce M. Towsley
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication21/04/2016
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content Note215 color photos
- Weight899 g
- Width203 mm
- Height267 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.