All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith more than 500 career home runs, an infectious personality, and three World Series championships, David Ortiz has established his position as the greatest Red Sox player of this generation. But Ortiz story did t start with postseason heroics and towering blasts into the Fenway Park bleachers. Ortiz struggled to find his power stroke in parts of six seasons with the Minnesota Twins, who released him after the 2002 season. Then Red Sox general manager Theo Epstein signed Ortiz in 2003 and the 27 year old soon became kwn as Big Papi, setting career highs with 31 home runs and 101 RBIs. The next season, the Red Sox won the franchise s first World Series championship in 86 years. Ortiz hit .409 in the postseason, twice driving in the game-winning runs as the Red Sox overcame a 3-0 deficit to top the Yankees in the ALCS. Big Papi hit a franchise-record 54 home runs in 2006 and led the team to a second World Series title in 2007. Ortiz continued his assault on American League pitching into his late-30s. At age 37, he hit .688 in the 2013 World Series to earn MVP hors as the Red Sox topped the Cardinals. Following a 2015 season in which he hit 37 home runs at age 39, Ortiz anunced that the 2016 season would be his last. Ortiz unforgettable career is chronicled in this new, must-have keepsake book from the Boston Globe. Big Papi: The Legend & Legacy of David Ortiz features 128 pages of award-winning reporting, vivid storytelling, dramatic photographs, and statistics capturing the unforgettable moments from Big Papi s arrival in Boston to his farewell tour in 2016. This one of a kind career retrospective is the perfect souvenir for any Red Sox Fan.
- Author BiographyThe Boston Globe was founded in 1872 and is the recipient of 23 Pulitzer Prizes. It is based in Boston. John Henry is the owner of the Boston Red Sox and the Boston Globe.
- Author(s)The Boston Globe
- PublisherTriumph Books (IL)
- Date of Publication15/11/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTriumph Books (IL)
- Foreword byJohn Henry
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $24.03
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.