All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the post-NAFTA era, Canada and Mexico face dramatic and irreversible changes from the Bush revolution in foreign public policy, the rising ecomic power of China and India, new concerns about border security and human rights, and the trends of ecomic integration. The essays in Big Picture Realities: Canada and Mexico at the Crossroads address the sea change in the political ecomic order of North America and chronicle the attempts of Canada and Mexico, two very different societies, to come to terms with the accumulated and often contradictory effects of micro and macro changes. Contributors are Canadian and Mexican scholars and leading authorities in security, immigration, human rights, foreign policy, Canada-Mexico relations, and market integration. This book is particularly valuable for public policy experts and scholars and students in international relations.
- Author BiographyDaniel Drache is a leading expert on global trade governance and North American integration. He is the author of Borders Matter: Homeland Security and the Search for North America (2004), a revised edition of which was published in Spanish in 2007. The editor of a special edition of Canada Watch-- Deep Integration: North America Post-Bush --he is also a member of the Centre for International Governance Innovations (CIGI) North American Portal advisory committee.
- PublisherWilfrid Laurier University Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2008
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationWaterloo, Ontario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintWilfrid Laurier University Press
- Content Noteb/w illus
- Weight472 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byDaniel Drache
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $33.67Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.