Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $74.50Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by angus_robertson
- Est. delivery by 15 Dec
- AU $42.84+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere was handbook to navigating the sixties, admits Guy Webster. It was a time of newfound creative freedom during which any guidebook, had there been one, would have quickly been discarded. From this experiential culture emerged icons who continue to inspire us to this day. Los Angeles was a polestar for the music and entertainment that gave expression to this remarkable time, and Guy Webster, Nikon in hand, bore witness to it all. Webster, an L.A. native, saw his childhood stomping grounds become the epicenter of a youthquake that t only shook up the music scene but also fashion, visual arts, and popular culture. With his controversial cover shot on the Mamas and the Papas first album, Webster firmly established his reputation as a photographer capable t only of capturing the emotional nuance of the era, but also of helping to define it. Musicians and actorssuch as Simon & Garfunkel, Jack Nicholson, Bob Dylan, Jane Fonda, Jim Morrison, Natalie Wood, Janis Joplin, Raquel Welch, Jimi Hendrix, and Mick Jaggerare among the hundreds of personalities Webster shot before they were legends. In this definitive volume, their early creative worlds and intimate stories come alive on the page.
- Author BiographyOne of the early innovators of rock-and-roll photography, renowned photographer Guy Webster has spanned the worlds of music, film, and politics in a remarkable forty-year career. While shooting album covers and billboards for numerous groupsincluding the Rolling Stones, the Mamas and the Papas, the Beach Boys, the Byrds, the Doors, Simon & Garfunkel, and Chicagohe also photographed such film legends as Rita Hayworth, Dean Martin, and Natalie Wood. As the primary celebrity photographer for hundreds of magazines worldwide, Webster has captured a vast range of talent and luminaries, from Igor Stravinsky, Truman Capote, and Zubin Mehta to Barbra Streisand, Jack Nicholson, Candice Bergen, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Ted Danson. His presidential subjects include Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton. He lives in Ojai, CA. Harvey Kubernik has been a noted author, popular music journalist, and record producer for more than forty years. A former West Coast director of A&R for MCA Records, Kubernik is the author of several books, including Canyon of Dreams: The Magic and the Music of Laurel Canyon, A Perfect Haze: The Illustrated History of the Monterey International Pop Festival, It Was 50 Years Ago Today: The Beatles Invade America and Hollywood, and Turn Up the Radio! Rock, Pop, and Roll in Los Angeles 19561972. He lives in Los Angeles. Kenneth Kubernik s work has been featured in Variety, the Hollywood Reporter, and the Los Angeles Times. He co-authored (with Harvey Kubernik) A Perfect Haze: The Illustrated History of the Monterey International Pop Festival and served as an editorial consultant on Canyon of Dreams: The Magic and the Music of Laurel Canyon. He lives in Los Angeles. Brian Wilson is one of popular music s most revered figures. As the creative force behind the Beach Boys, he co-wrote and produced nine consecutive gold albums featuring some of the most cherished and innovative recordings in rock history. In recent years, he has taken center stage in a series of critically acclaimed live performances, including the sold-out Brian Wilson Presents SMiLE and Pet Sounds tours. He recently announced that he was returning to Capitol Music Group, where he is currently recording and self-producing his 11th solo studio album at Hollywood s Ocean Way Studios.
- Author(s)Guy Webster
- PublisherInsight Editions, Div of Palace Publishing Group, LP
- Date of Publication07/10/2014
- Place of PublicationSan Rafael
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInsight Editions, Div of Palace Publishing Group, LP
- Weight1950 g
- Width235 mm
- Height324 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.19Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.35Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $3.54Trending at AU $7.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.