All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Liberal Party of Canada is one of the most successful parties in the democratic world. It dominated Canadian politics for a century, practising an inclusive style of big tent politics that enabled it to fend off opponents on both the left and right. This book traces the record of the party, unwrapping Liberal practices and organization to reveal its distinctive brokerage approach to politics and franchise-style structure. A masterful analysis of how one party came to define the nation's public life, this book also identifies the challenges that lie ahead as the Liberals reinvent themselves for the twenty-first century.
- Author BiographyR. Kenneth Carty is a professor emeritus of political science at the University of British Columbia.
- Author(s)R. Kenneth Carty
- PublisherUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2015
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Series TitleBrenda and David McLean Canadian Studies Series
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Content Note1 map, 18 graphs, 4 tables
- Weight825 g
- Width3895 mm
- Height5830 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $67.92Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $42.49
- AU $18.56Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.95Trending at AU $53.03
- AU $22.59Trending at AU $27.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.