All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA dangerous mission! In a desperate plan to rescue his brother, missing in action and presumed dead, sixteen year-old Peter Forty more runs away from school to join the air force. Amongst the chaos of the First World War, Peter and his friend manage to enlist and soon find themselves in 266 Squadron under the command of Biggles. Will Biggles rumble the boys' wild plans before they take flight? And if he does, will he come to their aid? Join cult hero and flying ace, Squadron Leader James Biggles worth on ather action packed adventure!
- Author BiographyCaptain W. E. Johns was born in Hertfordshire in 1893. He flew with the Royal Flying Corps in the First World War and made a daring escape from a German prison camp in 1918. Between the wars he edited Flying and Popular Flying and became a writer for the Ministry of Defence. The First Biggles story, Biggles the Camels are Coming was published in 1932, and W. E. Johns went on to write a staggering 102 Biggles titles before his death in 1968.
- Author(s)W. E. Johns
- PublisherRandom House Children's Publishers UK
- Date of Publication04/09/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleBiggles
- Series Part/Volume Number15
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRed Fox
- Weight224 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.