All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhile mental health professionals receive extensive clinical training, they typically receive minimal, if any, training in the business aspects of private practice. As a result, billing and collecting can be overwhelming. The process is further complicated because our attempts to maximize profits must occur in the context of a therapeutic relationship. Ethically balancing the business and clinical aspects of practice is an essential matter for all clinicians. This book presents specific, practical guidance on the technical aspects of billing and related ethical and legal considerations. Topics include * protecting client rights in the billing and collection processes * setting and raising fees * providing informed consent about billing and fees * establishing and enforcing a written financial agreement with clients * dealing with insurance companies and other third parties * what to do when clients fail to pay agreed-upon fees * the pros and cons of using a billing service * billing issues specific to forensic mental health services * and more With its abundance of practical tips and case examples, this book is a must-read for all clinicians who are or wish to be in private practice.
- Author(s)Jeffrey E. Barnett,Steven Walfish
- PublisherAmerican Psychological Association
- Date of Publication15/09/2011
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMagination Press, (American Psychological Association)
- Weight456 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.