Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.69
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.73
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.70
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $29.56
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.51
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $15.78Trending at AU $17.63
About this product
- DescriptionBilly and the Bees is a wonderful adventure in rhyme. After poking a beehive with a stick, Little Billy is chased by an angry swarm through meadow, forest, oceanside and desert. Children of all ages will find themselves walking, running and celebrating along with Billy as he learns a tough, but very important, lesson. The first in an upcoming series of Billy books, this story reveals the carefree, imaginative personality of our main character, along with his loving relationship with his caring mother. Two additional books: Billy and the Bone and Billy and the Boot have been written and are in the editing stages. Please purchase Billy and the Bees to insure the new stories will be published. The artwork by Nyisha Haynes brings Little Billy and his surroundings to life in vivid color. Many thanks go out to her for all her hard work.
- Author BiographyDusty Fontaine, like his Little Billy character, loved to run as a child. Raised in Hartford, Connecticut, Dusty ran in the streets, through the woods, along the Hog River and on the baseball diamond. He had many adventures growing up in Hartford, one of which was poking a beehive. Dusty moved to Cape Coral, Florida when he was 13 years old and continued to show his love for running while playing High School baseball and football. He was nicknamed Speedy by his teammates at Cypress Lake High School. Too little to play professional sports, He hung up his running cleats and started chasing rugrats. Dusty was chased (and caught) by the love of his life, Dina. They have been married for almost 32 years now. They have two grown children, twenty-nine and twenty-six years old, and five grandchildren. Though not as speedy as he once was, Dusty is still continuously running -- to keep up with the little ones. Dusty has always loved using rhyme to tell stories. He is asked often, by family and friends, to write poems (both humorous and serious) for such occasions as birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, graduations, etc. He has won several poetry and writing contests on the online writing community, FanStory.com. Though his words have brought smiles and tears to many, he has yet to figure out how to make a living with his passion for writing. His dream is to one day move to the Upcountry of South Carolina, sit in front of a crackling fireplace, and produce bestselling children's books.
- Author(s)Dusty Fontaine
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication30/11/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight86 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.