All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionI wish you could just like consider - consider the chance of it being an accident. 'Cos you're so sure. You're so sure that I did this awful thing. Billy is out waiting for love where she last saw it. Her mum is certain love has walked into her life again. Her sister thinks love could still be found somewhere in the house ...but Billy herself isn't even allowed through the door. In Katie Hims's sweet, stark family elegy, love never dies, but sometimes - like Billy - it has to sleep in the caravan with Frank's ashes and a bear costume. Billy the Girl is a sharp, yet gentle, look at a fractured family dealing with a lifetime of mistrust.
- Author BiographyKatie Hims writes for radio, stage and television. She has written on the BBC's long-running series Casualty as well as writing numerous radio plays, including her award-winning debut, Earthquake Girl, which won the Richard Imison Award 1998, and an adaptation of the best-selling novel Captain Corelli's Mandolin. In 2010, Katie Hims wrote a series of three new afternoon plays for Radio 4 called Lost Property, which went on to win Best Audio Drama at the BBC Audio Drama Awards.
- Author(s)Katie Hims
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication29/10/2013
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Series TitleModern Plays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMethuen Drama
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight104 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.