All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBrings the latest advances in natechlogy and biology to computing This pioneering book demonstrates how natechlogy can create even faster, denser computing architectures and algorithms. Furthermore, it draws from the latest advances in biology with a focus on bio-inspired computing at the nascale, bringing to light several new and invative applications such as nascale implantable biomedical devices and neural networks. Bio-Inspired and Nascale Integrated Computing features an expert team of interdisciplinary authors who offer readers the benefit of their own breakthroughs in integrated computing as well as a thorough investigation and analyses of the literature. Carefully edited, the book begins with an introductory chapter providing a general overview of the field. It ends with a chapter setting forth the common themes that tie the chapters together as well as a forecast of emerging avenues of research. Among the important topics addressed in the book are modeling of na devices, quantum computing, quantum dot cellular automata, dielectrophoretic reconfigurable na architectures, multilevel and three-dimensional namagnetic recording, spin-wave architectures and algorithms, fault-tolerant nacomputing, molecular computing, self-assembly of supramolecular nastructures, DNA natechlogy and computing, nascale DNA sequence matching, medical narobotics, heterogeneous nastructures for biomedical diagstics, biomimetic cortical nacircuits, bio-applications of carbon natubes, and nascale image processing. Readers in electrical engineering, computer science, and computational biology will gain new insights into how bio-inspired and nascale devices can be used to design the next generation of enhanced integrated circuits.
- Author BiographyMary Mehrnoosh Eshaghian-Wilner, PhD, LLM, is an Adjunct Professor of Electrical Engineering at University of California, Los Angeles, with more than twenty years of teaching and research experience in the field of computer engineering. Dr. Eshaghian-Wilner is best known for her pioneering contributions to optical computing, heterogeneous computing, and nanocomputing. She is licensed to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office, and is the recipient of several IEEE and NSF awards.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication26/06/2009
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleNature-Inspired Computing Series
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight902 g
- Width162 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byMary Eshaghian-Wilner
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.95Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.