All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
About this product
- DescriptionInherent toxicants and processing contaminants are both n-essential, bioactive substances whose levels in foods can be difficult to control. This volume covers both types of compound for the first time, examining their beneficial as well as their undesirable effects in the human diet. Chapters have been written as individually comprehensive reviews, and topics have been selected to illustrate recent scientific advances in understanding of the occurrence and mechanism of formation, exposure/risk assessment and developments in the underpinning analytical methodology. A wide range of contaminants are examined in detail, including pyrrolizidine alkaloids, glucosilates, phycotoxins, and mycotoxins. Several process contaminants (eg acrylamide and furan), which are relatively new but which have a rapidly growing literature, are also covered. The book provides a practical reference for a wide range of experts: specialist toxicologists (chemists and food chemists), hygienists, government officials and anyone who needs to be aware of the main issues concerning toxicants and process contaminants in food. It will also be a valuable introduction to the subject for post-graduate students.
- Author BiographyProfessor John Gilbert, Central Science Laboratory Sand Hutton, York, UK Dr Hamide Z. Senyuva, Ankara Test and Analysis Laboratory, Scientific and Technical Research Council of Turkey, Ankara, Turkey Both of the editors are employed in government organisations responsible for food safety and have published extensively on the analysis of toxicants and process contaminants and measures to monitor and control levels. Professor Gilbert has been Editor-in-Chief of the journal Food Additives and Contaminants since 2000.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication16/05/2008
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1034 g
- Width183 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byHamide Senyuva,John Gilbert
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.