All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume provides a general overview of the therapeutic potential of the essential oils in cancer and highlights some promising future directions. It integrates chemistry, pharmacology, and medicine while discussing bioactive essential oils in experimental models and clinical studies of cancer. The book is a valuable resource for all engaged in the study of natural products and their synthetic derivatives, particularly for those interested in academic research and pharmaceutical and food industries dedicated in the discovery of useful agents for the therapy or prevention of cancer.
- Author BiographyDamiao Pergentino de Sousa is Professor, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Federal University, Paraiba, Brazil. He received his Master's degree in Natural Products (Pharmacology and Chemistry) from the Federal University of Paraiba. He received his PhD (in Organic Chemistry) from the Federal University of Sao Carlos, Brazil. His current research is mainly focused on the medicinal chemistry studies applied to natural products and synthetic derivatives with potential therapeutic use. Professor de Sousa is a member of the editorial board and reviewer of several international journals with a broad range of scientific fields, such as natural products, organic synthesis, pharmacology, and biotechnology. He is also a consultant of funding agencies of scientific research and has scientific collaboration with several research groups throughout the world. He has published extensively in the field of natural products.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication13/09/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note38 black & white illustrations, 15 colour illustrations, 27 black & white tables, biography
- Weight625 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byDamiao Pergentino de Sousa
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.