All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis user-friendly book introduces biochar to potential users in the professional sphere. It de-mystifies the scientific, engineering and managerial issues surrounding biochar for the benefit of audiences including policy makers, landowners and farmers, land use, agricultural and environmental managers and consultants, industry and lobby groups and NGOs. The book reviews state-of-the-art kwledge in an approachable way for the n-scientist, covering all aspects of biochar production, soil science, agriculture, environmental impacts, ecomics, law and regulation and climate change policy. Chapters provide 'hands-on' practical information, including how to evaluate biochar and understand what it is doing when added to the soil, how to combine biochar with other soil amendments (such as manure and composts) to achieve desired outcomes, and how to ensure safe and effective use. The authors also present research findings from the first coordinated European biochar field trial and summarize European field trial data. Explanatory boxes, infographics and concise summaries of key concepts are included throughout to make the subject more understandable and approachable.
- Author BiographySimon Shackley is a Lecturer in the School of GeoSciences at the University of Edinburgh, UK. Greet Ruysschaert is a Senior Researcher at the Institute for Agricultural and Fisheries Research (ILVO), Belgium. Kor Zwart has recently retired as Senior Researcher at Alterra Wageningen-UR, Netherlands. Bruno Glaser is Professor of Soil Biogeochemistry at the Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg, Germany, and Managing Director of Biochar Europe UG.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/02/2016
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note95 black & white illustrations, 29 black & white tables, 9 black & white halftones, 57 black & white line drawings
- Weight748 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byBruno Glaser,Dr Simon Shackley,Greet Ruysschaert,Kor Zwart
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.