Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
About this product
- DescriptionAngiogenesis is a highly complex phemen where new blood vessels are formed for the supply of oxygen and nutrients in different organs of the body. It plays a critical role in both physiological processes such as growth and development as well as pathological processes including cancer and different types of tumors. Angiogenesis is also essential for the regeneration and survival of cells in several disease conditions such as ischemic heart disease (myocardial infarction), atherosclerosis, brain injury (stroke) and diabetes. Since the mechanisms of angiogenesis are organ specific and differ among various diseases, it is proposed to devote one section of this book to the development of angiogenesis in some selected diseases such as cancer, ischemic heart disease, atherosclerosis, diabetes and stroke. It is pointed out that extensive research work in this regard has been carried out in the area of cancer and heart disease, whereas relatively less attention has been paid to studying angiogenesis in other disease conditions.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication29/03/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleAdvances in Biochemistry in Health and Disease
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note14 black & white illustrations, 52 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight985 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine51 mm
- Edited byJawahar L. Mehta,Naranjan S. Dhalla
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.