Biochemical Imbalances in Disease: A Practitioner's Handbook by Jessica Kingsley Publishers (Hardback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $73.49Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $71.69Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBiochemical imbalances caused by nutritional deficiencies are a contributory factor in chronic illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, auto-immune conditions and cancer. This handbook for practitioners explains how to identify and treat such biochemical imbalances in order to better understand and manage a patient's ill-health. The book examines a range of biochemical imbalances, including compromised adrenal or thyroid function, gastro-intestinal imbalances, immune system problems and sex hormone imbalances, and explains how and why such states occur. It pulls together a wide range of evidence to show how such imbalances are involved in the most common chronic diseases. It helps practitioners to understand how to identify the imbalances through appropriate case history taking and laboratory testing, and how to design and implement effective nutritional interventions. Developed by leading academics and practitioners in the fields of nutritional therapy and functional medicine, this evidence-informed approach can be used with all patients who present in clinic, regardless of whether or t they have a 'named medical condition'. In the final chapter, a case example illustrates how to use the theoretical information in the practice of treating patients with chronically compromised health. Biochemical Imbalances in Disease is an essential text for nutritional therapy practitioners, as well as for students, and will be welcomed by complementary and conventional healthcare practitioners alike.
- Author BiographyLorraine Nicolle MSc is a nutritional therapist with a regular clinic at a London-based natural health centre (www.greenwichnaturalhealth.co.uk). Lorraine is also a lecturer in nutrition and nutritional therapy at Thames Valley University, London. In addition, she undertakes nutrition consultancy and training for various organisations in the healthcare, educational and business consultancy sectors. Ann Woodriff Beirne is based in Morisset, Australia. After achieving a BSc (Hons) in Food Science, Ann worked as a biomedical scientist for 10 years, gaining an MSc in Applied Immunology before moving into complementary therapy. She also has experience of lecturing on nutritional therapy, and was sub-editor of The Nutrition Practitioner for three years.
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/04/2010
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSinging Dragon
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight861 g
- Width173 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byAnn Woodriff Beirne,Lorraine Nicolle
- Foreword byDavid S. Jones
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $67.92Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $42.49
- AU $18.56Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.95Trending at AU $53.03
- AU $22.59Trending at AU $27.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.