All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionBiochemistry and Physiology oj Plant Hormones is intended primarily as a textbook or major reference for a one-term intermediate-level or advanced course dealing with hormonal regulation of growth and development of seed plants for students majoring in biology, botany, and applied botany fields such as agromy, forestry, and horticulture. Additionally, it should be useful to others who wish to become familiar with the topic in relation to their principal student or professional interests in related fields. It is assumed that readers will have a background in fundamental biology, plant physiology, and biochemistry. The dominant objective of Biochemistry and Physiology oj Plant Hor- mones is to summarize, in a reasonably balanced and comprehensive way, the current state of our fundamental kwledge regarding the major kinds of hormones and the phytochrome pigment system. Written primarily for students rather than researchers, the book is purposely brief. Biochemical aspects have been given priority intentionally, somewhat at the expense of physiological considerations. There are extensive citations of the literature-both old and recent-but, it is hoped, t so much documentation as to make the book difficult to read. The specific choices of publications to cite and illustrations to present were made for different reasons, often to illustrate historical develop- ment, sometimes to illustrate ideas that later proved invalid, occasionally to exemplify conflicting hypotheses, and most often to illustrate the current state of our kwledge about hormonal phemena.
- Author(s)Thomas C. Moore
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication17/09/2011
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight533 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 1989. Softcover reprint of the original 2nd ed. 1989
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.