All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionBiochemistry of Collagens, Laminins, and Elastin: Structure, Function, and Biomarkers provides a comprehensive introduction to collagen and structural proteins. Type I collagen is one of the most abundant molecules in the body, playing essential roles in different tissues, particularly bone and skin. A key aspect of type I collagen is its post-translational modifications which are essential for correct synthesis and structural integrity of collagens, for tissue-specific functionality, as well as for application as biomarkers of different pathologies. This volume summarizes current data on key structural proteins (collagens, laminins and elastin), reviews how these molecules affect pathologies, and describes selected modifications of proteins that result in altered signaling properties of the original extracellular matrix component. Further, it discusses the vel concept that an increasing number of components of the ECM harbor cryptic signaling functions that may be viewed as endocrine functions. Additionally, it highlights how this kwledge can be exploited to modulate fibrotic disease.
- Author BiographyMorten Karsdal has been CEO of Nordic Bioscience A/S since June 2010. Since 2002, Morten Karsdal has focused his research on the discovery and development of novel biochemical markers. This has resulted in the development of more than 15 ELISA assays for detecting biomarkers that have been used for research in the fields of fibrosis, osteoporosis and osteoarthritis. One of these assays has been 510(k) approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in the USA.
- Author(s)Morten Karsdal
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication26/08/2016
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Weight360 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.