All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by an accomplished author this book discusses all major aspects on the production and properties of biodiesel, but the main focus is on the two very important properties of oxidative stability and low-temperature flow. Examples of key chapters include: biodiesel properties, fuel specifications, oxidative stability and low-temperature flow properties, engine efficiency and emissions using biodiesel, major sources for biodiesel production, the present state of the biodiesel industry. One additional feature of the book is that it contains a comprehensive section on biodiesel resources. In this section the reader will be directed to fifty Indian unkwn plants, that contain more than 30% oil in their seed or fruit. The author discusses in significant detail the statistical relationship between fatty acid compositions and other biodiesel properties. To bring the book to a final conclusion the food versus fuel issue is discussed and possible solutions. The book will be essential reading for chemists, chemical engineers and agricultural scientists working in both industry and academia on the production of biofuels.
- Author BiographyAmit Sarin graduated with an MSc in physics from Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, India in 2000. He completed his PhD in 2011 at Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar, India. The main focus of his research was the study of metallic and organic contaminants on biodiesel stability and physico-chemical properties. He is currently Associate Professor at Amritsar College of Engineering and Technology (NBA Accredited), where he has been employed as a senior lecturer since 2002. He has published extensively on the production and properties of biodiesel in several high-impact factor journals such as Energy, Energy and Fuels and the Journal of the American Oil Chemists Society. He is an accomplished author having written and contributed to several books on electrical engineering, electronics and electrical physics. He is an active member of many international societies such as the Asia-Pacific Chemical, Biological and Environmental Engineering Society (APCBEES) and the European Society for Environmental History.
- Author(s)Amit Sarin
- PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Date of Publication09/10/2012
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Content Note30 colour illustrations, 50 black & white halftones
- Weight594 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.