All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConservation biology has gradually become one of the mainstream fields in contemporary science. The importance of biodiversity conservation is apparently straightforward to understand: because of global urbanisation, industrialisation and climate change, people become more kwledgeable about the harmony between human beings, society and nature. Biodiversity science is a leading multidisciplinary science in the 21st century. In Asia, there are two BRIC countries: India and China. Both are giant and developing countries. The population sizes of both countries rank in the top two across the nations of the whole world. In comparison with developed countries, biodiversity surveying in most Asian countries seems t so comprehensive. New species are continually discovered and reported across the region, and the mega-biodiversity and original forests throughout the region provide invaluable resources for ecologists to explore biodiversity patterns and test relevant ecological theories. This book thus conveys valuable information for researchers interested in the biodiversity conservation issues of the countries across the Asia-Pacific region. In the book, the author applies contemporary statistical methods and numerical techniques to study the biodiversity and biogeography patterns of different taxomic groups over the region. These case studies are up-to-date and reflect the latest advances in the field of biodiversity science and conservation in the region.
- Author BiographyYouhua Chen is interested in biodiversity conservation, biogeography, numerical ecology and computational biology. He has published over 70 papers in international journals and two monographs. He has a long-term interest of applying statistical and mathematical models to address biological and biogeographic questions. He is also interested in applying geographical information system, climate data and remote sensing data to assess the impacts of climate change, land use and human disturbance on species extinction.
- Author(s)Youhua Chen
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2014
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Weight324 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.