All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionBiodiversity is the key indicator of a healthy planet and healthy society. Losses of biodiversity have w become widespread and current rates are potentially catastrophic for species and habitat integrity. Biodiversity, Sustainability and Human Communities advocates both the preservation of the best remaining habitats and the enhancement of new biodiverse habitats to ensure that they cope with human impact, climate change and alien species invasion. The authors argue that these aims can be achieved by a mix of strict protection, inclusive involvement of people inside and adjacent to reserves, and by combining livelihoods and social well-being in all future biodiversity management. Case studies from regions around the world, including Europe, the United States, Latin America and Africa are examined and discussed, and the contributors include political scientists, ecomists and ecologists.
- Author BiographyTim O'Riordan is Professor of Environmental Sciences at the University of East Anglia, and member of the UK Sustainable Development Commission. Susanne Stoll-Kleeman is an independent researcher into biodiversity and sustainability affiliated to the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication29/08/2002
- SubjectPolitical Science & Theory
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note6 b/w illus. 3 maps 26 tables
- Weight450 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited bySusanne Stoll-Kleemann,Tim O'Riordan
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.