All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWine is made in the vineyard is the mantra of many a winemaker. But what does it mean, really? Esteemed winemaker and biodynamic pioneer Nicholas Joly believes a wine that is well-made in the vineyard must express its unique terroir-- the character imbued by a vine's particular plot of well-tended earth. In Biodynamic Wine, Demystified, Joly shares the core philosophy behind biodynamic viticulture and why such practices result in wines of regional distinction. This process treats the vineyard as a self-perpetuating ecological whole influenced t only by terrestrial forces but those of the sun, moon and cosmos. He explains why the use of foreign substances such as pesticides and fertilizers in the vineyard, and aromatic yeasts and enzymes in the cellar, as well as mechanisms such as electric motors and pumps, disrupt this synergy and are ultimately counterproductive to a wine's best, consistent expression.
- Author BiographyNicolas Joly is a wine maker and a pioneer in the biodynamic wine movement. He is the author of What is biodynamic Wine? and Wine from Sky to Earth. Mike Benziger is a winegrower and the general manager of Benziger Family Winery, which was named winery of the year in 2012 by Wine & Spirits magazine. Joshua Greene is the editor and publisher of Wine & Spirits magazine.
- Author(s)Nicolas Joly
- PublisherWine Appreciation Guild
- Date of Publication01/08/2008
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationSouth San Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWine Appreciation Guild
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width140 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.