All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the new edition of the classic introductory text to electrophysiology. It covers many topics that are central to the field including the electrical properties of the cell membrane and cardiac electrophysiology. Organized as a textbook for the student needing to acquire the core competencies, this book meets the demands of advanced undergraduate or graduate coursework in biomedical engineering and biophysics. New features include extra, detailed illustrations. The book is authored by two eminent biomedical engineering professors at Duke University who discuss many topics that are central to biophysics and bioengineering and the quantitative methods employed.
- Author BiographyRobert Plonsey is a Pfizer-Pratt Professor Emeritus of Biomedical Engineering at Duke University. He received the PhD in Electrical Engineering from University of California in 1955. He received the Dr. of Technical Science from the Slovak Academy of Science in 1995 and was Chair, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Case Western Reserve, University, 1976-1980, Professor 1968-1983. Awards: Fellow of AAAS, William Morlock Award 1979, Centennial Medal 1984, Millenium Medal 2000, from IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, Ragnar Granit Prize 2004, (First) Merit Award, 1997, International Union for Physiological & Engineering Science in Medicine, the Theo Pilkington Outstanding Educator Award, 2005, Distinguished Service award, Biomedical Engineering Science, 2004, ALZA distinguished lecturer, 1988. He was elected Member, National Academy of Engineering, 1986 ( For the application of electromagnetic field theory to biology, and for distinguished leadership in the emerging profession of biomedical engineering ). Roger C. Barr is Professor of Biomedical Engineering and Associate Professor of Pediatrics at Duke University. In past years he served as the Chair of the Department of Biomedical Engineering at Duke, and then as Vice President and President of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. He received the Duke University Scholar-Teacher Award in 1991. He is the author of more than 100 research papers about topics in bioelectricity and is a Fellow of the IEEE and American College of Cardiology. This text is a product of interactions with students, and in this regard he has taught the bioelectricity course sequence numerous times.
- Author(s)Robert Plonsey,Roger C. Barr
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication28/11/2014
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note24 black & white tables, biography
- Weight825 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement3rd ed. 2007
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.16New
- AU $64.84Used
- AU $78.59New
- AU $105.40New
- AU $75.53Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $38.97Trending at AU $69.17
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $80.10
- AU $21.24Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $94.39
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.54
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.10
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $22.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.