All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChanges in earth's atmosphere, oceans, soil, weather patterns, and ecosystems are well documented by countless scientific disciplines. These manifestations of climate change harm public health. Given their goals and social responsibilities, influential health organizations recognize health impacts compounded by geography, social values, social determinants of health, health behaviors, and relationships between humans and environments primarily described in feminist ethics and environmental ethics. Health impacts are relevant to, but seldom addressed in bioethics, global health, public policy, or health or environmental policy. This book is the first to describe cultural, geographic, and socioecomic factors that influence the regional significance of these impacts and frame them for bioethics and policy analyses.
- Author BiographyCheryl Macpherson is Professor and Chair of Bioethics at St George's University in Grenada where she teaches bioethics to medical and graduate students from many nations. Her research and publications center on bioethics, the environment, public health ethics, research ethics, and undertreated pain. She is a Senior Research Fellow in the Windward Islands Research and Education Foundation (WINDREF) and Past President of the Bioethics Society of the English-speaking Caribbean (BSEC).
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication30/03/2016
- Series TitlePublic Health Ethics Analysis
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Notebiography
- Weight520 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byCheryl Macpherson
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $199.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $99.21
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.