All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReveals the psychic causes of illness and how to decode and resolve them. Biogenealogy: Decoding the Psychic Roots of Illness offers protocols for diagsis and treatment for conflicts that can span generations. While the idea that emotional stress lies at the origin of every illness is becoming more readily acceptable today, it also is possible to trace the root cause of an illness to our ancestors - their unresolved psychic distress can become part of the cellular memory inherited by their descendants. Until the issue has been settled successfully, it will continue to trigger illnesses in the generations that follow to offset the mind's inability to resolve the problem. Illness is the body's way of protecting those who experience severe emotional shock or excessive amounts of stress. Illness is therefore an ally, rather than the adversary conventional medicine purports it to be. Understanding illness in this way directs us to look for the psychic conflict that underlies it in order to eliminate the disease, rather than merely dealing with its overt physical symptoms. For example, diabetes, which creates excess sugar in the bloodstream, can be triggered by the stress caused by feelings of powerlessness: to compensate for the sense of powerlessness, the body manufactures more sugar to fuel the muscles. To stop this excess sugar production, the psychic distress beneath it must be resolved or it will be passed on to the next generation. When we discover the solutions that create harmony in the body and in our life, the body will longer have to manufacture illness to restore a sense of balance, and illness will longer be part of the bequest we leave our descendants.
- Author BiographyPatrick Obissier is a therapist who specializes in the biodecoding of illness. Since the 1970s he has been studying numerous holistic therapies to address the role disease plays in humans, society, and the environment and the psycho-cerebro-physical effects that manifest in the human body. He lives in the south of France.
- Author(s)Patrick Obissier
- PublisherInner Traditions Bear and Company
- Date of Publication12/09/2005
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationRochester, VT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1900
- ImprintHealing Arts Press
- Content Note3 b&w illustrations
- Weight400 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.19Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.35Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $3.54Trending at AU $7.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.