All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEach of the five stories featured in this collection explores the precariousness of life. Presented to the reader as documentary summaries and scientific reports, they are beautiful in their simplicity, leaving the reader haunted and unsettled. The title story presents scientific research findings about a species of winged mice that are unable to fly and, whilst breeding, shed tears but then die, leading their species to extinction. Eerily, the scientists conducting the research both die from incurable diseases in the process.
- Author BiographyTatsuaki Ishiguro was born in 1961. In 1989, he won the Kaien Newcomer Award for Saishu Jouei (The Last Showing). While working for The University of Tokyo Hospital, he published many short stories. In 1994, the short story entitled Dr. Nobuhiko Myoji, who died from AIDS on May 2nd, 1991, and... was nominated for the Akutagawa Award, and won acclaim from Nobel Prize Winner Kenzaburo Oe and Koji Suzuki. He currently works for The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center.
- Author(s)Tatsuaki Ishiguro
- PublisherVertical Inc.
- Date of Publication23/07/2015
- SubjectHorror & Ghost Stories
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVertical Inc.
- Weight226 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $73.18Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $46.03
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.