All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.79
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $24.72Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.52
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $19.05
About this product
- DescriptionSome of the most significant and potentially devastating dangers to human and animal life come from sources we cant see without the help of microscopes. Viruses, bacteria, and other microorganisms have been a troubling presence in the world probably from the time multicellular life first appeared. As part of the new Science and Techlogy in Focus series, Biohazards covers the history of how these extremely powerful microscopic invaders have plagued the human race and how humans have responded to these attacks. Comprehensive and up-to-date, this volume looks at the recent resurgence of diseases that were once thought vanished, such as tuberculosis and staphylococcus. It also explores the renewed threat of biological warfare in the form of bioterrorism following the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon on September 11, 2001. Using the most recent information available, Biohazards covers other important topics such as the recent anthrax scare, the ongoing battle against HIV/AIDS, and the recurring outbreaks of extremely deadly diseases such as Ebola.
- Author(s)John Tabak,Sean M. Grady
- PublisherFacts On File Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2003
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Maths, Science & Technical
- Series TitleScience & Technology in Focus S.
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFacts On File Inc
- Content Notetables, 40 b&w photos, 15line drawings, index, bibliog , glossary
- Weight458 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.