All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLike many words, the term immumics equates to different ideas contingent on context. For a brief span, immumics meant the study of the Immume, of which there were, in turn, several different definitions. A w largely defunct meaning rendered the Immume as the set of antigenic peptides or immugenic proteins within a single microorganism - be that virus, bacteria, fungus, or parasite - or microbial population, or antigenic or allergenic proteins and peptides derived from the environment as a whole, containing also proteins from eukaryotic sources. However, times have changed and the meaning of immumics has also changed. Other newer definitions of the Immume have come to focus on the plethora of immulogical receptors and accessory molecules that comprise the host immune arsenal. Today, Immumics or immugemics is w most often used as a synym for high-throughput geme-based immulogy. This is the study of aspects of the immune system using high-throughput techniques within a conc- tual landscape borne of both clinical and biophysical thinking.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication25/02/2012
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleImmunomics Reviews
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note10 black & white tables, biography
- Weight326 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byDarren R. Flower,Matthew Davies,Shoba Ranganathan
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.29Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.