All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresenting an area of research that intersects with and integrates diverse disciplines, including molecular biology, applied informatics, and statistics, among others, Bioinformatics for Omics Data: Methods and Protocols collects contributions from expert researchers in order to provide practical guidelines to this complex study. Divided into three convenient sections, this detailed volume covers central analysis strategies, standardization and data-management guidelines, and fundamental statistics for analyzing Omics profiles, followed by a section on bioinformatics approaches for specific Omics tracks, spanning geme, transcriptome, proteome, and metabolome levels, as well as an assortment of examples of integrated Omics bioinformatics applications, complemented by case studies on biomarker and target identification in the context of human disease. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology(TM) series format, chapters contain introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tes on troubleshooting and avoiding kwn pitfalls. Authoritative and accessible, Bioinformatics for Omics Data: Methods and Protocols serves as an ideal guide to scientists of all backgrounds and aims to convey the appropriate sense of fascination associated with this research field.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication26/02/2011
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number719
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note48 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1302 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byBernd Mayer
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.