All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn updated, practical guide to bioirganic chemistry Bioirganic Chemistry: A Short Course, Second Edition provides the fundamentals of irganic chemistry and biochemistry relevant to understanding bioirganic topics. Rather than striving to provide a broad overview of the whole, rapidly expanding field, this resource provides essential background material, followed by detailed information on selected topics. The goal is to give readers the background, tools, and skills to research and study bioirganic topics of special interest to them. This extensively updated premier reference and text:* Presents review chapters on the essentials of irganic chemistry and biochemistry* Includes up-to-date information on instrumental and analytical techniques and computer-aided modeling and visualization programs* Familiarizes readers with the primary literature sources and online resources* Includes detailed coverage of Group 1 and 2 metal ions, concentrating on biological molecules that feature sodium, potassium, magnesium, and calcium ions* Describes proteins and enzymes with iron-containing porphyrin ligand systems-myoglobin, hemoglobin, and the ubiquitous cytochrome metalloenzymes-and the n-heme, iron-containing proteins aconitase and methane mooxygenaseAppropriate for one-semester bioirganic chemistry courses for chemistry, biochemistry, and biology majors, this text is ideal for upper-level undergraduate and beginning graduate students. It is also a valuable reference for practitioners and researchers who need a general introduction to bioirganic chemistry, as well as chemists who want an accessible desk reference.
- Author BiographyRosette M. Roat-Malone, PhD, is Adjunct Professor of Chemistry at Washington College in Chestertown, Maryland. She developed the advanced bioinorganic chemistry course that formed the basis for this book's predecessor, Bioinorganic Chemistry: A Short Course. Her research in the reactions of platinum coordination compounds used as anticancer agents with biological molecules has been supported by the National Science Foundation, the Petroleum Research Fund, and the Research Corporation.
- Author(s)Rosette M. Roat-Malone
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication16/10/2007
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight722 g
- Width156 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.