Biological Control of Tropical Weeds Using Arthropods by Cambridge University Press (Hardback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $213.84+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $48.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWeeds are a major constraint to agricultural production, particularly in the developing world. Cost-efficient biological control is a self-sustaining way to reduce this problem, and produces fewer n-target effects than chemical methods, which can cause serious damage to the environment. This book covers the origin, distribution, and ecology of twenty model invasive weed species, which occur in habitats from tropical to temperate to aquatic. Sustainable biological control of each weed using one or more arthropods is discussed. The aim is to provide ecological management models for use across the tropical world, and to assist in the assessment of potential risks to native and ecomic plants. This is a valuable resource for scientists and policy makers concerned with the biological control of invasive tropical plants.
- Author BiographyRangaswamy Muniappan, Professor Emeritus of Entomology at the University of Guam, has specialised in biological control and integrated pest management research in the tropics for over 35 years. He has been serving as the Chairman of the Global Working Group on Chromolaena of the International Organization for Biological Control since 1992, and is currently responsible for managing the IPM CRSP and coordinating with USAID and project partner institutions in the United States and developing countries in Asia, Africa, Eastern Europe, the Caribbean and Latin America. He has published over 200 research and extension articles. Gadi V. P. Reddy is an entomologist at the Agricultural Experiment Station, University of Guam. His research interests include developing sex pheromones, host volatiles, and other attractants for use in integrated pest management, behavioural and chemical ecology of multitrophic interactions, and biological control of invasive pests and weeds. He has over 65 publications in journals and has contributed to numerous radio shows and newspaper articles on pest management. Anantanarayanan Raman is a Senior Lecturer of Ecological Agriculture at the Charles Sturt University, Orange, New South Wales, Australia. His research interests include arthropod-plant interactions, weed biological control, ecology of soil organisms and soil health, and agroforestry.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication05/03/2009
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note44 b/w illus.
- Weight1150 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byAnantanarayanan Raman,Gadi Reddy,Gadi V. P. Reddy,Rangaswamy Muniappan,Vasant Gandhi
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.