All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe editors are pleased to present these Proceedings of the V Course of the International School of Radiation Damage and Pro- tection of the E. Majorana Centre , held in Erice (Italy) in No- vember 1983. The lectures and discussions among leading scientists in various disciplines of physics, engineering, biophysics, cellular biology, physiology and medicine from 11 countries are included in this compilation. In this volume we have attempted to explore all aspects of the interaction of static and Extremely Low Frequency (ELF: 0-300 Hz) electric and magnetic fields with biological tissue, systems and whole organisms; we considered dosimetry and what is kwn or pre- sumed concerning basic interactions, responses from the cellular and molecular level to the whole organism. Discussions of medical appli- cations as well as epidemiologic investigations related to high volt- age transmission were held with critiques of methodologies used and recommendations for future approaches. Consideration was also given to the necessity and principles of setting protection standards for man and the environment. We believe this is the first attempt to put all this informa- tion together into one volume to provide perspective for understand- ing the influence of static and ELF electric and magnetic fields on biological systems. We hope our attempts were successful. Marti Grandolfo Sol M. Michaelson Alessandro Rindi v ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS This is the Fifth Course of the International School of Radia- tion Damage and Protection of the Ettore Majorana Centre for Sci- entific Culture directed by Professor A. Zichichi.
- Author(s)Alessandro Rindi,M. Grandolfo,Solomon Michaelson
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication11/11/2011
- Series TitleProblems in Practice
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1333 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine36 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.25Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.