All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionThis text, suitable for graduates and researchers in physiology and biophysics and medical students specializing in neurophysiology and related fields, provides a comprehensive discussion of biological mass transfer and bioelectrical phemena. Emphasis has been given to the applicability of physics, physical chemistry and mathematics to the quantitative analysis of biological processes, with all the necessary mathematical grounding provided in Chapter 1. This book guides the student through the key stages needed for the formulation of biological models and interpretation of mathematical solutions, central to the understanding of cell membrane functions.
- Author BiographyOve Sten-Knudsen is Professor Emeritus in Biophysics at Copenhagen University, Denmark, and a leading authority on muscle and membrane biophysics. He has previously carried out research in the Departments of Biophysics at The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore and University College London. Ove Sten-Knudsen is a Fellow of the Royal Danish Science Society and the Physiological Society of London.
- Author(s)Ove Sten-Knudsen
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication26/09/2002
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note191 b/w illus. 18 tables
- Weight1190 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine43 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.