Biological Nanostructures and Applications of Nanostructures In Biology: Electrical, Mechanical, and Optical Properties by Springer Science+Business Media (Hardback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $315.44+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $126.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.80Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionBiological Nastructures and Applications of Nastructures in Biology: Electrical, Mechanical, and Optical Properties contains reviews and discussions of contemporary and relevant topics dealing with the interface between the science and techlogy of nastructures and the science of biology. Moreover, this book supplements these past groundbreaking discoveries with discussions of promising new avenues of research that reveal the ermous potential of emerging approaches in nabiotechlogy. The topics include: Biomedical applications of semiconductor quantum dots, Integrating and tagging biological structures with nascale quantum dots, Applications of carbon natubes in bioengineering, Naphysical properties of living cells, Bridging natural natubes with fabricated natubes, Bioinspired approaches to building nascale devices and systems, Hairpin formation in polynucleotides. This state-of-the-art survey of key developments in natechlogy as they apply to bioengineering and biology is essential reading for all academics, biomedical engineers, medical physicists, and industry professionals wishing to take advantage of the latest developments and highly-promising discoveries in nascience underlying applications in bioengineering and biology.
- Author BiographyMichael A. Stroscio, PhD, is a leading figure in the study of the electrical, optical, and mechanical properties of nanostructures, and among the early contributors to the application of nanoscience to bioengineering. An internationally recognized scientist with numerous publications and patents, Dr. Stroscio is a Fellow of both the AAAS and IEEE, as well as the recipient of the IEEE Harry Diamond Award. Dr. Stroscio is currently Professor of Bioengineering and Electrical & Computer Engineering, as well as Adjunct Professor of Physics at the University of Illinois at Chicago. Mitra Dutta, PhD, is a leading figure in the study of the electrical, optical, and mechanical properties of nanostructures, and among the early contributors to the application of optoelectronics in the broad areas of nanoscience and bioengineering. An internationally recognized scientist with numerous publications and patents, Dr. Dutta is a Fellow of the AAAS IEEE, and OSA as well as the recipient of the IEEE Harry Diamond Award. Dr. Dutta is currently Professor and Head of Electrical & Computer Engineering, as well as Adjunct Professor of Physics at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
- PublisherSpringer Science+Business Media
- Date of Publication21/07/2004
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleBioelectric Engineering
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers
- Content Note21 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight572 g
- Width170 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byMichael A. Stroscio,Mitra Dutta
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.