All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis new edition of Biological Oceagraphy has been greatly updated and expanded since its initial publication in 2004. It presents current understanding of ocean ecology emphasizing the character of marine organisms from viruses to fish and worms, together with their significance to their habitats and to each other. The book initially emphasizes pelagic organisms and processes, but benthos, hydrothermal vents, climate-change effects, and fisheries all receive attention. The chapter on oceanic biomes has been greatly expanded and a new chapter reviewing approaches to pelagic food webs has been added. Throughout, the book has been revised to account for recent advances in this rapidly changing field. The increased importance of molecular genetic data across the field is evident in most of the chapters. As with the previous edition, the book is primarily written for senior undergraduate and graduate students of ocean ecology and professional marine ecologists. Visit www.wiley.com/go/miller/oceagraphy to access the artwork from the book.
- Author BiographyCharlie Miller, now Emeritus Professor of Oceanography at Oregon State University, taught biological oceanography and zooplankton biology for many years. His research contributions have concentrated on seasonal processes in the ecology of marine zooplankton, particularly copepods, in the Oregon coastal zone and estuaries, the Gulf of Alaska, Georges Bank and the Gulf of Maine. Patricia Wheeler, now Emeritus Distinguished Professor of Oceanic and Atmospheric Sciences at Oregon State University, taught biological oceanography and phytoplankton physiology there for many years. Her research contributions address phytoplankton nutrient dynamics and include work on dissolved organic carbon and nitrogen. She conducted field work in the Equatorial Pacific, the northern California Current system and the Arctic Ocean.
- Author(s)Charles B. Miller,Patricia A. Wheeler
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication19/04/2012
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1650 g
- Width217 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.