All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume contains the proceedings of the third in a series of conferences entitled, The International Symposium on Biological Reactive Intermediates. The first was held at the University of Turku in Finland, in 1975, the second at the University of Surrey in the United Kingdom, in 1980 and the most recent at the University of Maryland in the United States, in 1985. The significance of these conferences has been emphasized by the rapid growth of mechanistic toxicology over the last decade. These conferences were initially stimulated by the attempt to uncover the significance behind the observations that the toxicity of carcigenic responses produced by many chemicals was associated with the observation that their metabolism led to the formation of chemcially reactive electrophiles which covalently bound to nucleophilic sites in cells such as proteins, nucleic acid or fats. Recently, newer concepts have arisen which have necessitated the expansion of subjects covered by the conference. For example, the application of newer kwledge of the role of active oxygen species in reactive metabolite formation, the concept of suicide substrates, examination of the function of glutathione in cells, application of immulogical techniques and molecular biological probes to the solution of toxicological problems all had an impact on the study of the biological reactive intermediates.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/09/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleAdvances in Experimental Medicine and Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number197
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1973 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine54 mm
- Edited byCharlotte M. Witmer,David J. Jollow,James J. Kocsis,Judd O. Nelson,Robert R. Snyder
- Contained items statement2 Paperbacks
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1986
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.