All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionTHE HOEFNAGELS STORY...The second edition of Biology: The Essentials epitomizes what the market has come to recognize as Marielle Hoefnagels' distinct and student-friendly writing-style. Marielle presents up-to-date information through What's the Point? , Why We Care , and Burning Questions -pedagogical tools designed to demonstrate to readers, and her own students, that biology is everywhere. Biology: The Essentials, 2nd Edition offers a broader and more conceptual introduction to biology, simplifying the more complex biological content to the essential elements that students need to act as framework for the details. Marielle Hoefnagels is dedicated to helping students find the relevancy of biology and science in their everyday lives. A recipient of the University of Oklahoma General Education Teaching Award and the Longmire Prize (the Teaching Scholars Award from the College of Arts and Sciences), Marielle has been engaging, educating, and inspiring students since 1997. She believes that the right tools can make all of the difference in reaching n-majors students. Because of this, the content in this textbook is deeply integrated with the digital tools in Connect and Marielle has worked hard to create Connect questions and activities that go beyond simply memorizing vocabulary and facts. Static images are brought to life through animated tutorials, specifically designed to guide students through tough topics. Whether in class or at home, Biology: The Essentials, 2nd Edition with Connect Plus provides all of the resources a student needs to succeed in biology.
- Author BiographyMarielle Hoefnagels is an associate professor in the Department of Biology and the Department of Microbiology and Plant Biology at the University of Oklahoma, where she teaches courses in introductory biology, mycology, and science writing. She has received the University of Oklahoma General Education Teaching Award and the Longmire Prize (the Teaching Scholars Award from the College of Arts and Sciences). She has also been awarded honorary memberships in several student honor societies. Dr. Hoefnagels received her BS in environmental science from the University of California at Riverside, her MS in soil science from North Carolina State University, and her PhD in plant pathology from Oregon State University. Her dissertation work focused on the use of bacterial biological control agents to reduce the spread of fungal pathogens on seeds. In addition to authoring Biology: The Essentials and Biology: Concepts and Investigations, her recent publications have focused on creating investigative teaching laboratories and integrating technology into introductory biology classes. She also maintains a blog on teaching nonmajors biology, and she frequently gives presentations on study skills and related topics to student groups across campus.
- Author(s)Marielle Hoefnagels
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/02/2015
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Inc.,US
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1408 g
- Width241 mm
- Height271 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.