All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntercellular communication in multicellular organisms enables cells to respond to environmental changes. Intercellular signal transduction transmitters include hormones, peptide growth factors, neurotransmitters as well as some lipid-soluble mediators. Once signalling molecules are bound to their cell surface receptors, one or more intracellular signals are generated which alter the Qehavior of the target cell. The IXth International Washington Spring Symposium at the George Washington University in Washington, D.C. was organized to assess the current status of the field of signal transduction processes and regulatory mechanisms. The symposium was held on May 8-'.2, 1989 and was attended by more than 1000 scientists from 30 countries. Most of the papers presented at the plenary sessions have been collected in this volume. The first section of this book details the action and regulation of receptors such as ,B-pdr.'nergic receptors and receptors for EGF, insulin, leukotrienes, phosphoisitides and prostaglandins. Section two focuses on the family of guanine nucleotide regulatory proteins (G proteins). These G proteins are kwn to mediate the coupling of receptor-mediated signals to several intracellular effector systems. Papers are presented describing the intracellular localization of G proteins, the utilization of G protein antibodies, the interaction of G proteins with tubulin and the involvement of G proteins in the regulation of ion channels, adenylate cy~lase and in the activation of neutrophils and T cells. In the third section, several papers describe the second messenger role of phosphoisitides as well as the regulation of phosphoisitide production.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication14/10/2011
- SubjectLife Sciences: Zoology
- Series TitleGWUMC Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Annual Spring Symposia
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight740 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byJack Y. Vanderhoek
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1990
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.