All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom being to becoming important, myo-isitol and its derivatives including phosphoisitides and phosphoisitols involved in diversi?ed functions in wide varieties of cells overcoming its insigni?cant role had to wait more than a century. Myo-isitol, infact, is the oldest kwn isitol and it was isolated from muscle as early as 1850 and phytin (Isitol hexakis phosphate) from plants by Pfeffer in 1872. Since then, interest in isitols and their derivatives varied as the methodology of isolation and puri?cation of the stereoisomers of isitol and their derivatives advanced. Phosphoisitides were ?rst isolated from brain in 1949 by Folch and their structure was established in 1961 by Ballou and his coworkers. After the compilation of scattered publications on cyclitols by Posternak (1965), proceedings of the conference on cyclitols and phosphoisitides under the supervision of Hoffmann-Ostenhof, were p- lished in 1969. Similar proceedings of the second conference on the same s- ject edited by Wells and Eisenberg Jr was published in 1978. In that meeting at the concluding session Hawthorne remarked persued deeply eugh p- haps even myoisitol could be mirror to the whole universe . This is w infact the scenario on the research on isitol and their phosphoderivatives. Finally a comprehensive information covering the aspects of chemistry, b- chemistry and physiology of isitols and their phosphoderivatives in a book entitled Isitol Phosphates written by Cosgrove (1980) was available.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication24/04/2006
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleSubcellular Biochemistry
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 39
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight692 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byA. Lahiri Majumder,B. B. Biswas
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.