All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDue to their unique size-dependent properties, namaterials have the potential to revolutionize the detection, diagsis, and treatment of disease by offering superior capabilities compared to conventionally-used materials. Biomedical Natechlogy: Methods and Protocols brings together experts from a wide variety of fields to provide a practical overview of biomedical natechlogy, from the conception of vel materials in the laboratory to the application of such structures in the clinic. After a brief introductory chapter, the first section consists of protocol chapters which provide hands-on information on the synthesis of a variety of solution-phase and surface-bound namaterials and their application in sensing, imaging, and/or therapeutics, while the second section consists of a series of case studies and review chapters that discuss the toxicology of namaterials, the regulatory pathways to US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval of these materials, their patenting, marketing, and commercialization, and the legal and ethical issues surrounding their use. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology(TM) series format, many chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials, step-by-step, readily reproducible protocols, and insightful tips on troubleshooting and avoiding kwn pitfalls. Cutting-edge and authoritative, Biomedical Natechlogy: Methods and Protocols surveys this exciting field from the most vital angles in order to provide a comprehensive reference for scientists and researchers of all different backgrounds looking to utilize the numerous versatile applications of namaterial techlogies.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication23/03/2011
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number726
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note10 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1029 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited bySarah J. Hurst
- Edition Statement2011
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $33.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.