All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive yet concise book introduces people at all levels of training-undergraduate, graduate, and medical students, residents, fellows, and junior faculty-to the basic joys and challenges of biomedical research. By discussing many key research issues, would-be and early-stage academics will t only be better informed about the world of biomedical research, but will learn a basic set of instructions to help jumpstart their careers. Biomedical Research: An Insider's Guide is divided into five sections. The first focuses on decision points regarding whether or t to enter research and if so what type: basic, clinical, or translational. The second section focuses on the practicalities of pursuing medical research, including institutional review boards and animal care committees as well general suggestions regarding idea generation and collaboration. The third section covers a core aspect of research: writing-detailing the evolution of both grants and papers. The fourth section addresses a range of issues, including conferencing to patents to working with industry to obtaining philanthropic support. The final section deals with all-important broader life issues from job choices to being a mentor to thoughts on how to keep the big picture front and center. An invaluable resource that offers insightful, practical advice, Biomedical Research: An Insider's Guide reveals how biomedical research can be both challenging and truly rewarding.
- Author BiographySeward B. Rutkove, MDProfessor of NeurologyHarvard Medical School Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center330 Brookline Avenue, TCC-810Boston, MA 02215
- Author(s)Seward B. Rutkove
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication10/06/2016
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note2 black & white tables, biography
- Weight486 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition Statement1st ed. 2016
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.