Biomedical Science Practice: Experimental and Professional Skills by Oxford University Press (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $86.13Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $43.72+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionBiomedical scientists are the foundation of modern healthcare, from cancer screening to diagsing HIV, from blood transfusion for surgery to food poisoning and infection control. Without biomedical scientists, the diagsis of disease, the evaluation of the effectiveness of treatment, and research into the causes and cures of disease would t be possible. The Fundamentals of Biomedical Science series is written to reflect the challenges of practicing biomedical science today. It draws together essential basic science with insights into laboratory practice to show how an understanding of the biology of disease is coupled to the analytical approaches that lead to diagsis. Assuming only a minimum of prior kwledge, the series reviews the full range of disciplines to which a Biomedical Scientist may be exposed - from microbiology to cytopathology to transfusion science. Alongside volumes exploring specific biomedical themes and related laboratory diagsis, an overarching Biomedical Science Practice volume gives a grounding in the professional and experimental skills with which any Biomedical Scientist must be equipped. The series * Understands the complex roles of Biomedical Scientists in the modern practice of medicine. * Understands the development needs of employers and the Profession. * Addresses the need for understanding of a range of fundamental sciences in the context of Biomedicine. * Places the theoretical aspects of Biomedical Science in their practical context. The series is developed in partnership with and endorsed by the Institute of Biomedical Science. See ibms.org for more information. Biomedical Science Practice presents the essential practical and professional skills that every biomedical scientist should master, making it the perfect foundation for the study of each of the key subject specialisms that maybe encountered in the biomedical lab. The book reviews a broad range of professional skills and concepts, including health and safety considerations, personal development, and communication, and also introduces the key experimental and analytical approaches that form the basis of the investigation and diagsis of clinical conditions. Drawing on the wealth of experience of a range of biomedical science practitioners and educators, Biomedical Science Practice is the ideal companion throughout your biomedical science education and training. Online Resource Centre The Online Resource Centre to accompany Biomedical Science Practice features: For registered adopters of the book: * Figures from the book, available to download For students: * An interactive Digital Microscope, encouraging the exploration of tissue samples * Self-assessment modules to help you to check and reinforce understanding of the basic science introduced in each volume * Video podcasts including interviews with practicing biomedical scientists, and 'in the lab' footage showing biomedical science in practice
- Author BiographyHedley Glencross is the Professional Practice Liaison Officer at the Institute of Biomedical Science. Hedley gained 28 years practice in the NHS before taking on his present role with the Institute. He was a previous Institute Council member (1995-2005), part-time lecturer to BSc, MSc and FIBMS courses (1990-2005), IBMS Specialist Advisor for cytology (2001-2005), and examiner for the Institute and NHS Cervical Screening Programme (1996-2005). Dr Nessar Ahmed is Senior Lecturer in Clinical Biochemistry at the Manchester Metropolitan University where his research examines the role of protein glycation in diabetes. His teaching includes clinical biochemistry, endocrinology, and analytical science. Dr Qiuyu Wang is a lecturer in nutritional physiology at Manchester Metropolitan University. She teaches many aspects of physiology and molecular and cellular biology. She has major research interests in cancer biology and the activities of stem cells.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication14/10/2010
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleFundamentals of Biomedical Science
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Out-of-print date15/07/2016
- Content Note200 colour
- Weight1298 g
- Width190 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byChris R. Smith,Hedley Glencross,Nessar Ahmed,Qiuyu Wang
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.